Nabana no Sato
The Clock Tower (時計台, Tokeidai) is a symbol of Sapporo. The building was constructed during the early period of Sapporo's development in 1878 as a drill hall of the Sapporo Agricultural College. In 1881 a clock purchased from Boston was installed.
Today, the Clock Tower serves as a museum with displays about the building's history and Sapporo on the first floor. On the second floor are displays about the clock and a spacious ceremony hall that calls to mind the simple buildings of the colonial American Midwest.
The Clock Tower is four blocks or a ten minute walk south of JR Sapporo Station, and one block north of Odori Park.
Address: North 1, West 2
information source: japan-guide.com
Hours: 8:45 to 17:10 (entry until 17:00)
Admission: 200 yen
Address: Kita-1-jo, Chuo-ku, Sapporo-shi, Hokkaido west 2-1-1
Airport: New Chitose Airport
Closed: January 1-3 and infrequent, irregular closures for maintenance